Monday, November 30, 2009

Case 09 - Sound

This is really the last case I did, because I pretty much did the two last cases at the same time and thought that getting case 10 done where more important. But I'll be writing them in correct order anyway.

Before doing either case 9 or 10, I had to make my sidescrolling to work ingame. I did that by simply making the ground move instead of the pirate. Since the ground had to move, everything else had to move along with it. So in the movepirate function I had to add in all object's x-coordinate and what speed they should have. I then made the environment. New ground with beach, grass and a dojo. Background with sea and a ship, then the sky with the sun. I then readjusted the array so that the rumbottles would be correctly placed.

Case 09 where about sound. Adding music and other sound that had to be triggered by events. Because of lack of time I didn't really got to add many sounds. I didn't find any good and fitting music for my game, so instead of music I added a ambient sound. A sound of soft waves hitting the beach. I thought this would fit nicely as the game's setning is by the ocean/beach. I then found a sound of someone running with boots. It where pretty long and its pace variated. So I edited the clip in Soundbooth and cut it down to have two steps. This way the footsteps ingame would have a steady and nice rythm to it. I had some problems getting the run sound to play correctly. In the beginning the run sound would start playing for every frame I held in one of the run buttons. With some help from a classmate I got that fixed by making a new boolean and adding new statements here and there in the main class.

No comments: